Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sundrenched & Fish-filled...




Spent the whole day at Porto da Barra, chilling @ the beach, getting licked by the surf…
Would’ve liked to check out some Museums and places of historical interest, but work starts tomorrow and I’ve got plenty of time to do that on my own time after the meeting’s over next week. Figured I’d keep my boss company and check out the scene by the ocean… and it was a SCENE… plus It never hurts to get sunkissed in a foreign place before you start trying to be a productive worker bee and process all the information coming at you…

Had lunch @ a Seafood restaurant called Barraventa overlooking the ocean, a beautiful lighthouse perched on one end of the bay, wit lovers lounging in the sand below as huge waves crashed on the rocks beneath us… An incredible vista of the ocean, with tiny black figures standing on rocks in the distance, profiled against a setting sun.... God damn this place is gorgeous…

Un-PC thought of the day:
If I were an African slave in the 17th century, and someone kidnapped me and transplanted my disgruntled, disoriented ass to a continent across an ocean, I’d be a million times happier with the circumstances in Brazil than if someone took me to North America where the winters are vicious, the crops are flavorless, and the Christians are puritan protestants… to hell with that!...

The edges of this continent once merged seamlessly with the African coast, there are parallels here, correspondences, ancient linkages well worth exploring... a culture is only as potent as it's most powerful ghosts, and Brazil reveres a pantheon well worth poring over...

No comments: