Thursday, November 15, 2007

...shift...

lifting the veil to a new perspective ...





Checked out of the Convento do Carmo ontem
dentro o Pelhourinho
to move my life down to Village Novo Beach Suites on Porto da Barra
al lado a praia

Salvador is a city divided:
on High cliffs overlooking the bay,
the Cidade Alta resides with a view to history…
The lower town – Cidade Baixa –
Is the new mystery
I am waking up to…
This a story of segregation
Not completely unlike Chicago
But definitely a division of above and below…
The lower town was built on land reclaimed from the Sea:
The higher town was the home of nobility and clergy

The cliffs of Bahia constitute natural class walls
hard to scale
but elevators were built
-ski-lift style contraptions-
to transport people to where the action was…
in work and play
these people seem to get along out here by the Bay
maybe I can learn a thing or two more important than marketing out here
the cards tell me it has something to do with my fears…

…slept for 12 hours straight after I got here…
…these meetings are harder on your body than they appear…
…but gratitude is in order for this opening to explore...
…the cards tell me there are good things in store…

No comments: